Study in United Kingdom (UK)
The UK is a world leader in many areas of education including engineering, science, art and design, business and management, law and finance. The UK’s reputation and legacy as a world centre for scientific research makes it a magnet for some of the very best thinkers in the world. With only one per cent of the world’s population, the UK is responsible for eight per cent of global scientific publications.
The UK offers a world-renowned education system with qualifications that can make a real difference to your future. It attracts over 600,000 international students each year to a variety of programmes, ranging from English language courses to PhDs.
The UK education system gives students the freedom to combine courses and subjects from different areas of studies, so you can tailor your degree to your own needs and interest.
Why Study in UK
Attracted by the quality and reputation of a UK education, almost half a million international students study in the British higher education system.
Below are just some of the reasons that students choose the UK:
UK education is recognised all over the world. Some of the leading institutions in the world are UK universities.
There is such a mix of cultures and that makes is an intersesting place to study and to live. You will find varied cusines and there is something for everyone, whether it be international sports, world famous music festivals or amazing art galleries and museums.
Courses are shorter than in other countries
The UK has a shorter, more intensive tertiary education system. Most undergraduate honours degrees are three years and taught masters courses are usually one year. Because of the shorter duration, you will be able to save on both tuition fees and living costs.
You may be able to work while you study. There are so many employment opportunities too. A lot of courses in the UK are designed in partnership with industry or include work experience meaning you are being trained to be the type of employee employers want.
UK courses offer so much choice including traditional academic courses and vocational courses. There are so many institutions too which means there is bound to be a place that suits you in the UK.
Student visa Process
1) Counselling with UK visa Experts:– Student documents are assessed thoroughly to check student is qualified for UK or not? Proper guidance about course and university is given to student.
2) Starting with application process:– An offer letter is applied with all educational documents as per required by particular college/ University.
3) A letter of acceptance on the course – Your approved education provider will give you an acceptance letter and a visa letter which are official and unconditional offers of a place on a course of study.
4) Proof of funds – The money you need to show covers your course fees for your first year of study and living costs for up to a maximum of nine months. The amount you will need depends on whether you are applying as a child or adult and also whether you will be studying in or out of London. You must show that you have held the money for at least 28 days. The end of that 28 day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application.
5) Get your documents ready
6) Apply online: we register and create an account for student on the official UK Visa website.
After completing the form, an appointment is booked at the visa application center. After completing online application, an email message containing student application number is received.
7) Pay your application fee: There are 4 ways to pay your visa application fee.
- Payment at Standard Chartered Bank – You can pay your fee at some branches of the Standard Chartered Bank. The bank will issue a demand draft in favor of the ‘The British High Commission’.
- Demand draft from a nationalized or foreign bank – You can pay your fee by getting a demand draft issued by a nationalized or a foreign bank. Bank charges for this service will vary. The demand draft must be in favor of the ‘The British High Commission’.
- Payment at the visa application center – You can pay the visa application fee at the visa application center when you submit your visa application.
- Pay online – You can pay your visa application fee online using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
8) Visit the visa application center on the appointed date to submit your application and facial photograph and fingerprints.
9) Embassy takes 15- 20 days for processing students result.
Economy of UK
One of the largest economies in not only Europe, but the entire world, the UK is a dream destination for anyone. More than 70% of the country’s GDP is made up of the service sector. The city of London is one of the financial capitals of the entire world with offices of some of the leading world institutions. London also enjoys the top position as far the city wise GDP in Europe is concerned. One of the other major contributors to the economy of the country is the tourism sector. The country has always been one of the most visited countries in the world with tourists coming in from all corners of the world. The other industries that are major contributors to the economy include the aerospace industry, the pharmaceutical industry, space research, agriculture and others.
Culture of UK
There is no other country in the world that has so much cultural heritage as the UK does. The once mighty British empire was home to a number of colonies including India, Africa, US, South Africa and others meaning that all these diverse cultures have found their roots in the UK’s history. Many in the world describe the UK as a ‘cultural superpower’. British literature has no comparisons in the world with its past being adorned by the likes of William Shakespeare, Ben Jonson and Christopher Marlowe.